Georgia Chapter Safari Club Mission Programs
Giving Back to Our Local Veterans
SCI Chapters enjoy a unique model in the conservation world; we retain 70% of the net proceeds from our Annual Banquet to fund local projects. The other 30% is sent to SCI’s headquarters to help fund their worldwide initiatives.
Our chapter is proud to use funds raised at the local level to carry out a number of mission programs that make an impact right here at home. One of our favorite local programs is giving back to our Veterans by providing hunting and fishing trips.
We have also had the honor and privilege to take Veteran’s on a number of hunting trips. Again this is all thanks to your generosity at our Annual Banquet and other events!
Our chapter is proud to partner with SCI’s Mississippi Chapter on their Annual Purple Heart Hunt.
More Local Projects
Our chapter has also been involved in projects like this one: Refurbishing a shooting tower that will be used by Youth and Veterans at Broughton Plantation.
We also work with Georgia DNR! In 2018, the Chapter purchased Spartan Game Cameras that were given directly to Georgia DNR in their efforts to combat poaching and trespassing.
Our chapter members are also proud to help carry out with these additional mission programs:
- Safari Care – Chapter members take on their individual hunting trips bags full of supplies to depressed areas. These supplies can include: school supplies, health-care items, child development items, clothes, shoes, basic household supplies and other life sustaining items.
- Safari Wish – a humanitarian project aimed at providing sporting opportunities to wounded and disabled military personnel and medically fragile youth & adults. Locally we have provided both Hunting & Fishing opportunities. Read a recent article from the SCI Foundation regarding a SafariWish Hunt sponsored by our chapter.
- SCI Soldiers Rebound – A program to take injured soldiers hunting and fishing. Click here to play the Business RadioX® podcast of GASCI’s President-Elect Dick Caillouet discussing the chapter’s humanitarian program for wounded veterans suffering with PTSD.
- Sportsmen Against Hunger – Chapter members and local hunters donate their harvested meat thru churches and government centers to the more needy here locally in Georgia. This year our goal is to donate 5 tons of sport hunted meat. Funds raised in this category will be used to offset the cost of food processing and transportation.
- American Wildlife Leadership School – Each year we send selected nominated individuals to AWLS which provides training and education in nture studies, wildlife and renewable resources.
- Youth Hunter Education – Each year we sponsor learning opportunities and supervision to introduct kids to the adventures and experiences of hunting. Click here to read about our 2010 Youth Hunter Project.
Sportsman’s Day At The Capitol – We have sent chapter representatives yearly to Washington to meet with our congressional representatives to discuss upcoming legislation and issues involving hunting & wildlife management within Georgia.
Certified Seed Plot Program – Providing the sale of Food Plot Seed for Wildlife Enhancement & Management. Click here for order form.