Georgia Chapter Safari Club Programs
- Safari Care – Chapter members take on their individual hunting trips bags full of supplies to depressed areas. These supplies can include: school supplies, health-care items, child development items, clothes, shoes, basic household supplies and other life sustaining items.
- Safari Wish – a humanitarian project aimed at providing sporting opportunities to wounded and disabled military personnel and medically fragile youth & adults. Locally we have provided both Hunting & Fishing opportunities. Read a recent article from the SCI Foundation regarding a SafariWish Hunt sponsered by our chapter.
- SCI Soldiers Rebound – A program to take injured soldiers hunting and fishing. Click here to play the Business RadioX® podcast of GASCI’s President-Elect Dick Caillouet discussing the chapter’s humanitarian program for wounded veterans suffering with PTSD.
- Sportsmen Against Hunger – Chapter members and local hunters donate their harvested meat thru churches and government centers to the more needy here locally in Georgia. This year our goal is to donate 5 tons of sport hunted meat. Funds raised in this category will be used to offset the cost of food processing and transportation.
- American Wildlife Leadership School – Each year we send selected nominated individuals to AWLS which provides training and education in nture studies, wildlife and renewable resources.
- Youth Hunter Education – Each year we sponsor learning opportunities and supervision to introduct kids to the adventures and experiences of hunting. Click here to read about our 2010 Youth Hunter Project.
Sportsman’s Day At The Capitol – We have sent chapter representatives yearly to Washington to meet with our congressional representatives to discuss upcoming legislation and issues involving hunting & wildlife management within Georgia.
Certified Seed Plot Program – Providing the sale of Food Plot Seed for Wildlife Enhancement & Management. Click here for order form.