Georgia Chapter SCI’s 2017 Annual
Wounded Veterans Lanier Fishing Event
Saturday, July 15th
Family, Friendship, Food & Fishing
We need 10 volunteers (FREE for Volunteers) to help our veterans with the morning fishing trip. Click link below to signup below to volunteer.
FREE for Members and 1 Guest. We have room for 25 people for the Saturday night sunset dinner cruise. Please click link below to RSVP to attend dinner cruise with veterans and dignitaries to ensure we get a seat for everyone.
Saturday. July 15th
6:30 am- Noon – Meet fishing guides and Vets at Lake Lanier for bass tournament (7 boats)
- 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm -Dinner Cruise & Awards Ceremony aboard The ‘Amistad’. FREE for Members and 1 Guest. Address:6410 Holland Dr, Cumming, GA 30041
- BBQ Chicken, Ribs with all the trimmings by Ferguson’s
Specialty Meats in Cumming, Georgia
- Georgia Senators David Perdue, Hunter Hill and
other dignitaries may join us for the dinner cruise on
- We will be honoring and acknowledging some very special people in the GASCI Family:
- SCI team members and supporters
- Tommy & Chantal Bagwell & their boat ‘Amistad’
- Captain (RET) Tommy Clack -member & guest
- Captain Ron Mullins – fishing guide / donor
- 25 Wounded Veterans – meet & greet
- BG Tom Carden – GA-ARNG Commander
- Msgt Patrick Harmon (ret) & wife Sheila
- Scott Kesler & wife Cathy (Operation to Recovery)
- Steve and Ginger Rogers, President and CEO of Servants Task Force
- BBQ Chicken, Ribs with all the trimmings by Ferguson’s
2017 Lou and Dick at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Membership Levels and Descriptions
National membership is required to join chapter.
- National and Chapter Annual Membership Combined Membership Regularly $95 now $45 (e-membership) first year get printed publication
- One year Chapter membership Regularly $30 now $20
- National membership $35 e-membership
- National membership $65 printed membership (receives printed publication)
- 3 year Chapter membership Regularly $90 now $50
- 3 Year National e-member $90, print membership $150.
- Lifetime National – $1,500 get $200 Boyt gift certificate
- Lifetime Chapter – Regularly $500, now $250 **must be a Lifetime National Member to be a Lifetime Chapter Member.
- 1 year membership: Get a 10% off Boyt Harness coupon
- 3 year membership: Get Get a 20% off Boyt Harness coupon
- Lifetime Membership: Get Get a $200 off Boyt Harness coupon with the purchase of a National Membership
- With 3 year or lifetime membership you will get a chance to win: $25 Midway USA coupon, a chance for a 1 year subscription to the Georgia Outdoor News, and chance for a $50 Cabela’s gift certificate
Safari Club International is the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and to promote wildlife conservation worldwide.
It provides value to members by shaping policies and legislation that protect the freedom to hunt locally, nationally and internationally. We welcome you to the Georgia Chapter website of the Safari Club International! SCI members are typically active hunting sport enthusiasts, or people who are aligned with hunters. The most recognized mission of SCI is Hunter’s Rights or Hunting Rights. But SCI is also an organization that significantly supports responsible Wildlife Management globally. In addition, SCI sponsors many Humanitarian Projects and Missions thru both the International Headquarters based in Tucson and the many local and international chapters. We provide a community for hunters worldwide where camaraderie is enjoyed and expert information is exchanged, and where members are able to participate in a market for quality hunting goods and services. SCI promotes a positive image of hunters, portraying them as responsible citizens who fund wildlife conservation, education and other humanitarian programs.
The Georgia Chapter of SCI has locally supported the following efforts during recent years:
Safari Wish, a humanitarian project aimed at providing sporting opportunities to wounded and disabled military personnel and medically fragile youth and adults. Locally we have provided both hunting and fishing opportunities. View Photo Galleries. SafariCare, a humanitarian project that collects and delivers supplies to Third World Countries our members visit during their travels. Ranger of the Year. Each year we recognize a Georgia Department of Wildlife Ranger that has been selected for their exemplary contributions in the service against poachers & polluters. Sportsmen Against Hunger. Chapter members and local hunters donate their harvested meat thru churches and government centers to the more needy here locally in Georgia. American Wilderness Leadership School. Each year we send selected nominated individuals to AWLS which provides training & education in nature studies, wildlife and renewable resources. Read more about AWLS and watch a video here. Sportsman’s Day At The Capitol. We have sent chapter representatives yearly to Washington to meet with our congressional representatives to discuss upcoming legislation and issues involving hunting & wildlife management within Georgia. Read more about our programs. The Georgia Chapter of SCI raises funds supporting the above projects in several ways. The costs of chapter membership is only the beginning. Chapter members collectively are involved in the following fund raising projects:
- Sporting Clay Shooting Tournament held in April open to members & the public.
- Our GASCI Annual Sportsman Show held in January or February. Primarily a convention including many sports related vendors, outfitters, and suppliers that support hunting. A banquet dinner is served along with special raffles and auctions of trips, local and international hunts, and hunting equipment.
- Humanitarian Banquet held in the Fall – Dinner with live and silent auctions to support our humanitarian projects.
- Wounded Warrior Project – The Georgia Chapter of SCI actively works directly with this group to support our wounded veterans by sponsoring all-expenses-paid hunting and fishing trips. Click here to see the gallery of the Wounded Warrior events.
Did you know? Members are kept informed of issues that impact hunting while educating with engaging articles about the rich heritage of hunting in all forms of media. Become a Member!